- “Game changing diagnostic and prognostic prostate cancer genetic tests developed” – Full Text at Science Daily, Medical Express
- “New Therapy for metastatic cancer” – Full text at Science Daily, Newswise
- “A hint at novel breast cancer treatment from HIV drug” – Full text at Philly News
- ProstaGene innovation honored by Australian government- Full text at Advance
- ProstaGene prognostic test superior to other current test – Full text at URO Today
- Prostagene Founder receives National Award for Biotechnology start up company – Full text at SBS
- CCR5 inhibitors block prostate cancer metastasis to bone and brain – Full text at NCBI, News.com.au, NHS UK
- Main Line biotech firm advancing technology to help diagnose, treat prostate cancer – Full text at Philadelphia Business Journals
- World-Renowned Cancer Physician Scientist Dr. Richard G. Pestell Joins the Baruch S. Blumberg Institute – Fulltext at BusinessWire
- Aussies at SpaceX, Apple, Google, Planet Labs and Emotiv lead the talent diaspora – The Australian
Recent invited presentations include:
- Pestell RG Targeting the Tumor Microenvironment Conference. Boston, MA. “CCR5 is a tractable intervention target in cancer metastasis.” Oct 17 2012
- Pestell RG 4th CA Targets & Therapeutics. Las Vegas, NV. Feb 25 “CCR5 Antagonists Block Basal Breast Cancer and Prostate Cancer Metastasis In Vivo”
- Ju X, Pestell RG. New Metastatic Murine Prostate Cancer Cell Lines and Preclinical Model of Human Prostate Cancer. AACR Annual Meeting, April 6-10, 2013, Washington, DC
- Drug Discovery & Therapy World Congress 2013. Boston , MA. “CCR5 Antagonists Block Basal Breast Cancer and Prostate Cancer Metastasis In Vivo” June 3
- Ju X, Ertel A, Yu Z, Fortina P, Pestell RG. New Metastatic Murine Prostate Cancer Cell Lines with the Genetic Characteristics of Human Cancer. Endo 2012, June 23-26, 2012, Houston, TX.
- Li Z, Hu J, Chen K, Wu J, Pestell RG. DACH1 inhibited prostate cancer cellular proliferation and Interleukon-6 signaling. AACR 103rd Annual Meeting, March 31 – April 4, 2012, Chicago, IL.
- Pestell RG, Jiao X, Velasco M, Sicoli D, Ju X, Pestell T, Ertel A, Ando S. Ccr5 Antagonists Block Basal Breast Cancer And Prostate Cancer Metastasis In Vivo. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, December 10-14, 2013, San Antonio, Texas
- Ju X, Ertel A, Casimiro MC, Yu Z, Meng H, McCue PA, Walters R, Fortina P, Lisanti MP, Pestell RG. Novel oncogene-induced metastatic prostate cancer cell lines define human prostate cancer progression signatures. Cancer Res. 2013 Jan 15;73(2):978-89. doi: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-12-2133. Epub 2012 Nov 30. – Full Text at PubMed PMID: 23204233.
- Velasco-Velázquez M, Jiao X, De La Fuente M, Pestell TG, Ertel A, Lisanti MP, Pestell RG. CCR5 antagonist blocks metastasis of basal breast cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2012 Aug 1;72(15):3839-50. doi: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-11-3917. Epub 2012 May 25. – Full Text at PubMed PMID: 22637726.
- Ertel A, Casimiro MC, Gomella LG, Ju X, Pestell RG. Novel Oncogene Driven Gene Signatures as Diagnostic and Prognostic Tools in Human Prostate Cancer. UroToday. 2013. Epub 2013 Dec 13. ISSN 1944-4810.
- Sicoli D, Jiao X, Ju X, Velasco-Velazquez M, Ertel A, Addya S, Li Z, Ando S, Fatatis A, Paudyal B, Cristofanilli M, Thakur ML, Lisanti MP, Pestell RG. CCR5 receptor antagonists block metastasis to bone of Src-oncogene-transformed metastatic prostate cancer cell lines. Cancer Res. 2014 Dec1;74(23) 7103-14 – Full text at Pubmed:25452256
- Richard G Pestell, PCT and provisional Patents. “Prostate Cancer Cell Lines, Gene Signatures And Uses Thereof: 61/450,767 Patent Methods and Compositions For The Diagnosis, Prognosis And Treatment Of Cancer Related Applications. 03/09/2011 and 09/03/2012, PCT/US2012/028546, agents file ref. 10236-5001WO – Full Text at Google Patents
- US Provisional Patent Application Nos. 61/646,593 and 61/646,586 (Reference Nos. 010236-5002-PR & 010236-5002-PR1) “Use of modulators of CCR5 in the treatment of cancer and cancer metastasis” – Full Text at Google Patents
- Issued Patent No. 2012225232, Title: “Prostate Cancer Cell Lines, Gene Signatures And Uses Thereof“. Ref. 140993.00105 AU. issued August 25, 2016
- US Patent issued September 27, 2016 as U.S. Patent No. 9,453,836. Use of modulators of CCR5 in the treatment of cancer and cancer metastasis” US Provisional Patent Application Nos. 61/646,593 and 61/646,586 (Reference Nos. 010236-5002-PR & 010236-5002-PR1) – Full Text at Google Patents
View full patents listing at Justia
Books and Reviews
- Velasco-Velázquez M, Pestell RG. The CCL5/CCR5 Axis Promotes Metastasis in Basal Breast Cancer. OncoImmunology. Volume 2 Issue 4,2013 Jan 18 2013,. Epub 2013 Apr 1. – Full Text at Pubmed
- Pestell RG. New Roles of Cyclin D1. Am J Pathol. 2013 Jul;183(1):3-9. doi: 10.1016/j.ajpath.2013.03.001 Pestell RG. New Roles of Cyclin D1. Am J Pathol. 2013 Jul;183(1):3-9. doi: 10.1016/j.ajpath.2013.03.001 – Full Text at Pubmed
- Wang C, Pestell TG, D. Liao DJ, Pestell RG. “The New Perspective on the Role of Cyclin D1: beyond Cell Cycle Regulation.” Cell and Molecular Biology of Breast Cancer. Editor: Dr. Heide Schatten. Humana Press (Springer Science+Business Media LLC), 2013
- Prostate Cancer: Signaling Networks, Genetics, and New Treatment Strategies (Current Clinical Oncology) Richard G. Pestell (Editor), Marja T. Nevalainen (Editor), M. Milken (Foreword) – Full Text at Amazon